« back to recipes search results
Biscuits - Wheat-free Chocolate with Cranberries - Recipe
Delicious and easy to make, these biscuits are also suitable for someone on a gluten-free diet.
With the fiddly measurements, it might be easier to double up, as the biscuits will keep in an air-tight tin for at least a couple of days.
For about 16 biscuits:
120gr/4 oz Butter, at room temperature
135gr/4½ oz Light-Brown Soft Sugar
1 medium Egg, lightly-beaten
½ teaspoon Vanilla Essence (not flavouring)
135gr/4½ oz Doves Farm Gluten-Free White Flour, sifted
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
90gr/3 oz good Dark Chocolate (50% minimum Cocoa Solids), chopped into very small pieces
45gr/1½ oz Fresh or Dried Cranberries
1. Heat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
2. Nine 2 baking trays with Bakewell/Silicon non-stick paper
3. Beat the butter and sugar together with a whisk or wooden spoon, until pale and creamy.
4. Add the egg and vanilla essence and continue beating until they’re thoroughly combined.
5. Use a wooden spoon to stir in the flour, baking powder, chocolate and cranberries, plus 2 tablespoons (30ml) of cold water. Stir until they are thoroughly mixed.
6. Place heaped teaspoons of the mixture onto the baking trays, leaving plenty of space between them for the biscuits to expand during cooking.
7. Bake them for 15-20 minutes, or until they’re golden. Remove them from the oven and leave them to cool for 5 minutes, before placing them on racks.
8. When completely cool store them in an airtight tin – not in the fridge.