« back to recipes search results
Trout; Smoked - Paté
A delicious paté, ideal with Melba Toast – especially if going on a picnic.
If you enjoy cooking take a minute to look at ‘Simon Scrutton Cookery Classes’ on Google – and learn how to make top class bistro-style dishes. Suitable for beginners upwards.
For for 6 helpings:
2 Smoked Trout, with the fillets carefully removed (there's only one main bone) and the skin peeled off
2ml/1 fl oz Water
2ml/1 fl oz Dry White Wine
the juice of half a Lemon
2 teaspoons (10ml) Horseradish Sauce
120gr/4 oz Butter, at room temperature - so soft
100ml/4 fl oz Double Cream, whipped until fairly stiff
Salt and freshly-ground Black Pepper
Equipment needed: a Food Processor
1. Roughly break up ¾ of the trout fillets and put them in the food processor along with the water, wine, lemon juice butter and horseradish sauce.
2. Add a little salt and pepper.
3. Whiz on pulse until blendled but not over-processed.
4. Transfer this mixture to a bowl.
5. Chop the remaining trout into small pieces and fold them into the mixture along with the double cream.
6. Taste for seasoning, then pot into ramekins and refrigerate.
7. Clingwrap until needed and serve with Melba Toast.