« back to recipes search results
Brandied Fruits for Dessert Recipe
This keeps well, and indeed improves with time. It makes an excellent accompaniment to fruit tarts and as a side dish with cream.
If you enjoy cooking take a minute to look at http://www.gourmetbritain.com/cookery-wine-schools/32475/simon-scrutton-cookery-classes/ - top-class dishes from beginners upwards
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Suitable for Vegans
1.5 kilos/3 lbs Dried Mixed Fruit - this should include Apple Rings, Apricots, Pears, Peaches and Prunes
1 handful of Raisins
1. Cut the zest of the oranges into thin (julienne) strips, but not including any white pith.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together evenly, thenpack them loosely in the jars, leave plenty of space, as the mixture will expand.
- Squeeze the oranges, then add the juice to the jar/jars, sieving out any pips
- Add the Brandy and Sherry and then completely cover the fruit with cold tea, first removing the cinnamon stick.
- Seal the containers, give them a gentle shake, then keep them for a week before using.