« back to recipes search results
Chocolate Marquise Recipe
A popular dessert, which needs to be made a day ahead. It
450gr/1 lb Pain Chocolate (try to use a variety with over 50% Cocoa solids)
500ml/1 pint Double Cream
1 wine glass, 200ml/7 fl oz Dark Rum
1 packet of Langues de Chat Biscuits
1 Gelatine Leaf, softened by soaking it in the Rum
Equipment needed: 1 oblong loaf tin able to hold 1.1 litres/2 pints; enough Silicon/Bakewell paper to completely line the loaf tin
- Line the tin with the silicon/Bakewell paper. Dip the biscuits, one at a time in the Rum, lining the sides and bottom of the tin - if you have any left, they can be used to cover the top of the dessert.
- Melt the chocolate slowly, in a double saucepan - so itmelts, but doesn't get too hot.
- Set this aside.
- Warm half the Rum, very gently in a small saucepan with the gelatine leaf, until the gelatine has completely dissolved.
- Add this and the remaining Rum and cream to the chocolate and mix well.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the lined tin and cover with any remaining biscuits.
Refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.