« back to recipes search results
Carrot & Parsnip Purée Recipe
A good winter purée, easy to make, yet smart enough to be part of a dinner party.
They can be made ahead of time, then reheated.
2 lbs/900gr Carrots, organic if possible - peeled & sliced
2 lbs/900gr Parsnips, organic if possible - peeled & sliced
3 medium cloves Garlic - peeled & finely chopped
3 oz/90gr Butter
Salt & freshly-ground Black Pepper
1. Put the vegetables in cold, lightly-salted water, bring them to the boil and cook until tender - about 6 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of your slices.
2. Drain the vegetables, discarding the water.
3. Gently melt the butter in the saucepan with a little more salt and a few grinds of freshly-ground pepper.
4. Remove the butter from the heat, and add the drained vegetables.
5. Mash them or pass the mixture through a Mouli Légume.
Serve, or refrigerate and reheat in a microwave.