« back to recipes search results
Prawns - Barbecued Chili
An excellent dish, that you can prepare in a frying pan indoors or outside on a barbecue. Choose raw, rather than cooked prawns if possible (otherwise halve the cooking time).
Don't buy the largest prawns, as they tend to be chewy, and seek out prawns caught or farmed by environmental means.
For 4 as a starter:
9-12 uncooked King Prawns – depending on size
2 tablespoons (30ml) Vegetable Oil
2 medium cloves Garlic, peeled & finely-chopped
1 medium Chili, deseeded and finely chopped (wash your hands carefully after handling this)
½ teaspoon (2ml) Tabasco Sauce
The juice from 1 Lemon
1. Put the prawns in a flat bowl/dish - so they can all touch the bottom
2. Add the remaining ingredients and marinate for 2 hours, turning over half way through.
3. Tip the oil into a frying pan and heat over a medium heat either indoors, or outside over a barbecue.
4. Fry the prawns for 2-3 minutes on each side - depending on their size. They are ready when they are pink on both sides. Don't over cook or they will become tough.
5. Cool a little until they can be handled, then remove the shells and eat with your fingers.