« back to recipes search results
Crab Cakes - Thai
These are very easy to make, and always popular as a starter or at a buffet/barbecue-type party.
Ingredients for 16 small cakes:
450gr/1 lb mixed white & brown Crabmeat (either fresh or frozen, but if the latter, squeezed of any excess liquid)
1 tablespoon Thai Red Curry Paste
4 Spring Onions (Scallions), with the dark green end removed; finely-chopped
90gr/3 oz Fresh Breadcrumbs
1 medium Egg, lightly beaten
½ teaspoon (2ml) Salt & a few grinds of freshly-ground Pepper
3 tablespoons (45ml) Vegetable Oil to fry
Dipping Sauce, such as Sweet Chili – to serve (optional)
1. Put the crabmeat in a bowl with the curry paste, chopped spring onions, breadcrumbs and egg with a little salt and pepper.
2. Roll these into little balls of equal size, then refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
3. Heat about half of the vegetable oil until it's hot then fry the cakes in batches for 3 minutes on each side. Don't move them until the turning time is reached, or they might stick.
4. Add more oil as necessary.
5. Drain them on paper towels and serve warm with or without a dipping sauce.