« back to recipes search results
Easy to make and more delicious than anything you can buy.
If you enjoy cooking take a minute to look at http://www.gourmetbritain.com/cookery-wine-schools/32475/simon-scrutton-cookery-classes/ - top-class dishes from beginners upwards
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Suitable for Vegans
For each 1 litre of Lemonade:
3 unwaxed Lemons, washed
100gr/3 oz Caster Sugar
600ml/1 pint, then 400ml/15 fl oz) Water
1. Grate the zest from the lemons, and put this into a large heatproof jug, of a size that will fit into your fridge.
2. Add the caster sugar to the jug.
3. Bring the 600ml of water to the boil and pour this into the jug, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
4. Cool in the fridge, then add the reserved lemon juice.
5. Microwave the lemons until they are a little warm - between 10 and 20 seconds, depending on the power of your oven. This will increase the yield of juice the lemons produce.
6. Squeeze the lemons, adding the juice to the chilled mixture, mixing well as you do.
7. Sieve any pips and the zest out of the lemonade and bottle it or serve - perhaps decorated with thin lemon slices.