« back to recipes search results
Tarator Sauce Recipe
A good cold sauce, popular in the Middle East, which you can serve with grilled fish, meat or vegetables – so ideal for barbecues, when people can perhaps help themselves.
If you enjoy cooking take a minute to look at ‘Simon Scrutton Cookery Classes’ on Google – and learn how to make top class bistro-style dishes. Suitable for beginners upwards.
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Suitable for Vegans
For about 4 - 6 people:
2 slices of White Bread, with the crusts removed
100gr/3 oz Ground Almonds
2 large cloves of Garlic, peeled
1 bunch of Watercress, trimmed - about 120gr/4 oz in total
5 tablespoons (75ml) Good Olive Oil
6 tablespoon (90ml) Cold Water
4 tablespoons (60ml) Red Wine Vinegar
The juice of 1 Lemon
A little Salt & freshly-ground Black Pepper
Equipment needed: a Food Processor
1. Soak the bread in cold water, then squeeze it dry.
2. Put all the solid ingredients in a food processor and chop and blend.
3. Slowly add the water, followed by the other liquid ingredients.
4. Season with a little salt & pepper.
5. Transfer to a bowl and chill until needed - but serve at room temperature.