« back to recipes search results
Strawberry Ice Cream
Easy to make, and make an excellent accompaniment to fresh strawberries.
For 6 people:
1lb/500gr Fresh Strawberries, hulled
the juice of 1 Lemon
1 fl oz/25ml Vodka or Crème de Frais (optional, but this will add character & stop the ice cream from being too solid)
8 oz/ 250gr Icing Sugar
½ pint/300ml Double or Whipping Cream
1. Sterilise a saved ice cream container, with a fitting lid, in a solution of Milton ™ or similar product. The method is the one used for treating infants milk feeding bottles.
2. Liquidise the strawberries with the lemon juice and vodka/crème de fraise if using, until they form a smooth purée.
3. Stir in the icing sugar and blend again until well mixed.
4. Freeze this mixture until it is slushy – perhaps for 90 minutes – then liquidise again, and repeat the process after a further hour.
5. Whip the cream until it reaches the soft peak stage. Remove the strawberry purée, liquidise it again, then add the whipped cream and blend again, until uniform in colour.
Freeze until set - about 2 hours.