« back to recipes search results
Terrine of Autumn Fruits Recipe
Easy to make and good enough for a dinner party.
For 8 - 10 helpings:
7 Gelatine Leaves or enough powder to set 620ml/1¼ pints of liquid
500ml/18 fl oz fresh Orange Juice
120g/4 oz Caster Sugar
For the Fruits – 650g/1½ lbs Mixed Fruits, cut to a smallish equal size if necessary
For the Coulis -
300g/11 oz Raspberries
100g/4 oz Icing Sugar
Juice of ¼ Lemon
1. Soften the gelatine leaves in cold water or prepared powdered gelatine as directed on the packet, using the orange juice as the liquid.
2. Bring the orange juice to the boil with the caster sugar, then add the softened gelatine leaves or gelatine.
3. Stir until the gelatine has completely melted.
4. Allow to cool a little, then add the Grand Marnier if using.
5. Put a small layer of jelly into a terrine lined with cling wrap - covered the bottom.
6. Put this to set in the fridge for 20 minutes.
7. When the initial layer of jelly has set, mix all the fruit together without bruising them and place them in the terrine so they come nearly to the top.
8. Press down lightly, so that there is as little space as possible between them.
9. When the remaining jelly as cooled (but before it sets) pour this over the fruits and cover the fruits.
10. Cling wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 12 hours before serving with Raspberry Coulis (q.v.).
* If using blackberries, marinate them for 1 hour in 30g/1 oz Caster Sugar - before using.