« back to recipes search results
Orange Sponge Pudding Recipe
A delicious, old-fashioned, steamed pudding.
454g/1 lb Self Raising Flour
454g/1 lb Caster Sugar
8 medium Eggs, lightly-beaten
1 teaspoon (5ml) Vanilla Essence
454g/1 lb Butter or Margarine - at room temperature
Zest from 4 big Oranges
1. Grease a pudding basin.
2. Cream the fat & sugar until fluffy.
3. Add the orange zest & mix well in.
4. Gradually add the eggs & essence.
5. Pour into the basin - it should not be more than two-thirds full.
6. Cover with greaseproof paper & secure.
7. Steam for 2 hours plus.
8. Serve with Orange Sauce.