« back to recipes search results
Treacle Tart Recipe
Easy to make, and popular with children of all ages.
If you enjoy cooking take a minute to look at ‘Simon Scrutton Cookery Classes’ on Google – and learn how to make top class bistro-style dishes. Suitable for beginners upwards.
For 12 slices:
½ Batch of Pate Sucrée (q.v.)
10 generous tablespoons (160ml) Golden Syrup
8 rounded tablespoons (120ml) Fresh White Breadcrumbs
2 level teaspoons (10ml) finely-grated Lemon Rind
2 tablespoons (30ml) Lemon Juice
1. Line a loose-bottomed flan dish with the pastry, prick it lightly with a fork, and chill it in the fridge for at least ½ hour.
2. Heat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/Gas 6.
3. Mix the other ingredients together and spread them over the pastry.
4. Roll out the pastry trimmings, if a lattice is desired, and cut them into 1cm/½ in wide strips & lay them in a pattern over the tart - trim the edges neatly.
5. Bake the tart on the middle shelf on the heated oven for 25 - 30 minutes.
Serve with ice cream or Custard (q.v.)