« back to recipes search results
Moroccan Lamb & Chickpea Burgers
Excellent burgers with a bit of spicy interest, but not too hot for the whole family.
They can be made to suit vegetarians by omitting the lamb and adding an extra tin of drained chick peas.
For 8 small burgers:
1 x 400g/13 oz tin of Chickpeas, drained & rinsed in cold water
1 big carrot, peeled then coarsely grated
3 cloves of Garlic, peeled & chopped
2 teaspoons (10ml) Ras el Hanout (see www.gourmetherbs.co.uk (http://www.gourmetherbs.co.uk/) for the best)
1 medium free-range Egg
a few sprigs of Fresh Coriander, including stalks, chopped
Salt & Pepper
180g/6 oz Lean Minced Lamb
2 tablespoons (30ml) Olive Oil
2 tablespoons (30ml) Flour
1. Mix the chickpeas with the carrots, coriander, egg, garlic, lamb, ras el hanout plus a little salt & pepper to form a smooth mixture.
2. Shape into 8 equal-sized patties, and flatten to form burgers.
3. Refrigerate, to firm them up until you are ready to cook them.
5. To cook - spread the flour out on a plate, then add with a little salt & pepper.
6. Dust the burgers with the flour.
7. Heat the oil in a frying pan, and when hot fry the burgers for about 3 minutes on each side until golden.
Serve - either with couscous, rice or chips + a side salad.