This popular basement brasserie offers reliable food. As well as using a good proportion of local food, fish is prominent, and carefully handled. Dishes are drawn upon from around the globe, despite the French name and waiting staff.
Dishes on offer might include 'Pan-Fried Scallops with Salt and Pepper Squid and Pickled Vegetables'; 'Confit Duck Leg with Kumquat Chutney and Alfalfa Sprouts'; 'Pigeon Breast with Toasted Fruit Bread' and 'Tempura King Prawns with Tomato and Chili Jam' among the starters.
Perhaps 'Char-grilled Cote de Boeuf with Bearnaise Sauce'; 'Roast Monkfish with Garlic, Tomatoes and Wild Mushrooms' and in season 'Roast Venison with Caramelised Apple and Black Pudding Mash' among the mains.
Desserts might include 'Steamed Pineapple Sponge with Vanilla Custard'; 'Bread and Butter Pudding with Chantilly Cream' and 'Walnut Brownie with White Chocolate Ice Cream'.
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 12.00-14.30; set L Sat £24.95 (incl. wine); mains £12 to £29. A Bar menu is also offered.
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.00-22.00 (Sat); set D 18.00-19.00 £24.95 (incl. wine); mains £12 to £29
- Seats: 85
- Wine: an impressive list, particularly strong on France, kicks off at around £16
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Leeds City
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: all Sun, Bank Holidays, 24th Dec to 3rd Jan
- Air conditioned