A stylish restaurant (see photograph) belonging to Gordon Ramsay's expanding group and close to the US Embassy. The kitchen team they have already started winning awards - in this case Time Out's Best New Restaurant.
As well as more traditional set menus, there are also 'tapas-style' tasters, so you mix and match small offerings. These are adventurous and might include the likes of 'Honey & Soy-roast Quail with Foie Gras and Peach and Saffron chutney'; 'Diver Scallops with a peppered Raisin purée'; 'Scottish Lobster with White Radish, Aigre-Doux Dressing and Ginger Salt' or 'Risotto of Peas, Broad Beans and Sorrel'.
There are main courses - Roast Squab is cooked in a wood-fired oven and served with spiced Celeriac, Cabbage purée and dates wrapped in bacon - for example.
Desserts include one which has attracted much publicity - Peanut Butter and Cherry jam sandwich (coming with salted Nuts and Cherry sorbet); or maybe 'Texture of Pear with Chocolate Mille-Feuille'.
Friendly and professional service.
The Maze Grill, in the same building, models itself on a New York style Grill Restaurant - so less formal that the main restaurant. So you'll find a vast selection of grilled meats on offer with their provenances listed - ranging from farms in Dorchester through to the USA and including the Wagyu variety of beef.
There are also other top-quality brasserie-style dishes.
- Food Style: Modern French
- Lunch: all week, 12.00-14.30; set L 'Business Bites' £24 (4 courses), £70 (7 courses); mains from £16.50 to £29.00; mains about £11 to £14. Maze Grill £18 (2 courses), £21 (3 courses); mains £16 to £3
- Dinner: Daily, 18.00-22.30; early 'Business Bites' Sun-Thurs 18.00-19.00 £24 (4 courses), £70 (7 courses), mains about £11 to £14; Maze Grill mains from £16 to £39
- Seats: 100
- Wine: A long and interesting list offers plenty by the glass. House wine from around £30
- Children's portions: when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes (including lavatory)
- Nearest station: Bond Street Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page.
- Parking: Parking by Arrangement
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned
- Rooms available