A tiny restaurant, situated in a blue-fronted Georgian house. The dining room has deep-red walls, antique pine furniture and plenty of fresh flowers - there are only three tables. All the ingredients are very carefully sourced - the fish all being wild and meat coming from the likes of The Real Meat Company; while poultry comes from top-class French producers.
After excellent canapés you will probably only be offered 2 options at each stage - generally a soup (maybe Fresh Tomato) or perhaps 'Lightly-seared Scallops in a spicy Chinese dressing' to start.
The next option might include 'Sautéed Halibut with diced Beetroot, Sweetcorn, Peas and Peas and Spring Onions in a Sauce based on Noilly Prat and Sauterne'; 'Loin of Spring Lamb with Madeira Sauce' or 'Lincolnshire Grey Partridge with a White Wine Sauce'.
Perhaps finish with 'Caramel Mousse Brulée' or 'Chocolate Mousse with Red Fruits'. Good cheeses are an alternative. Service is excellent.
Book well ahead to avoid disappointment.
- Food Style: Modern French
- Lunch: Tues-Sat, 12.30-14.00; main courses about £38 to £40
- Dinner: Tues-Sat, 19.00-21.00; main courses about £38 to £40
- Seats: 10
- Wine: A short wine list kicks off at just over £20 for white's, £30 for red's; and is brief but carefully chosen
- Children's portions: Yes, but no children under 5
- Wheelchair access: Yes (but not lavatory)
- Nearest station: Grantham Rail
- Directions: 2km North West of Grantham on the B1174. See the map on this page.
- Parking: Yes, but very limited
- Closed: All Sun & Mon, Bank Holidays, 1eek August & 1 week at Christmas