Situated in what resembles a private house this is now an excellent restaurant. The hanging baskets in the rear-facing conservatory give the dining room an outdoor feel.
Starters, such as Croustillant of poached Egg with Lentil Egg and Jerusalem Artichoke purée' or perhaps Skate wing with Lemon béchamel and hazelnuts set the style. While their bread is excellent.
Maybe followed by 'Brill with puréed Avocado and Black Olives' or 'Saddle of Lamb with braised Tongue'.
Desserts, such as 'Lemon Tart with Chocolate Sorbet' are paired with recommended glasses of dessert wines.
No mobile phones.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Tues-Fri 12.00-14.00; Set L from £19.50 (2 Courses) to £24.50
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 18.45-22.00; set D from £29.50 to £46.95
- Seats: 36
- Wine: A carefully-chosen wine list kicks off at £15.95 and offers plenty of choice for under £20, and about 8 by the glass.
- Children's portions: No children allowed
- Wheelchair access: Yes, also lavatory
- Parking: On street parking
- Closed: All Sunday; Sat & Mon L; 1 week at Christmas; 1 week at Easter; last 2 weeks of July
- Air conditioned