An excellent eaterie offering home-style food cooked in the style of the Indian sub-continent. This ranges from small dishes such as various Parstha's, Bhaji's, Steamed Dumplings & Samosa's - which are designed as 'Light Bites', grazing or starters.
Main courses are divided into sections with names such as 'Rooburroasts' (tandoori dishes), 'Rooburnoodles'; 'Rooby Murray Curries'; 'Rooby Murray Seafood Curries', 'Rooburbiriyanis' and 'Rooburreckless' (more exotic dishes).
Amongst these, you'll find many familiar names, but there's plenty of interest, with perhaps 'Banana Leaf Roasted Fish' and 'Tuna Bhuna' in the fish section.
There are a few desserts, such as Indian Carrot Cake for the sweet toothed.
- Food Style: Indian
- Lunch: all week, 12.00-23.00; mains £6.50 to £9.95
- Dinner: all week, 18.00-23.00; mains £6.50 to £9.95
- Seats: 60, plus 8 outside
- Wine: a concise list kicks off at £11.95
- Children's portions: Yes, including Children' 'Wrap' menu
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Angel Underground
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: check Christmas openings
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating