One of Dublin's best restaurants. Offering top-quality Irish produce cooked with a definite French hint.
Starters might include 'Rabbit loin with Clonakilty Black Pudding and Garlic-fried Potatoes', 'Pressed terrine of Black-legged Chicken & Foie Gras with shaved Fennel & Beetroot purée' or 'Deep-fried Dublin Prawns in Pastry'.
Mains perhaps 'Rack of Lamb, with Carrot and Parsnip purée; 'Roast Ray Wing, Prawn Ravioli, Bouillabaisse broth and Fennel cream' or 'West Cork Lobster, Carrot Purée, Lobster Mayonnaise, Fried Chervil and Capers, Carrot and Ginger Sauce'. Fish figures prominently - but obviously relies on the seasons and weather.
Lunches are particularly good value. Vegetarians are well catered for, with dishes such as 'Confit Potatoes, Spinach and Blue Cheese Pithivier with Celeriac Remoulade and Girolle Mushrooms'.
- Food Style: Modern Irish
- Lunch: Thurs & Fri, 12.30-14.00; 2 courses from 35 euros
- Dinner: Mon-Sat, 18.30-22.30; Set D from 55 euros (2 courses), Tasting Menu 65 Euros; plus a la carte (mains from about 36 Euros)
- Seats: 120
- Wine: A good wine list kicks off at about 30 euros - and also offers a selection by the glass starting at about 7 euros
- Children's portions: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes (including lavatory), but only for the private ding room - the main dining room is accessed by a few steps
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: Sun & between 22nd Dec & 4th Jan
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating