A restaurant with sleek décor (another David Collins interior), but with the relaxed buzz of a Continental brasserie. It has an entrance through the Churchill Inter-Continental Hotel, but has no proprietorial connection. The banquette seating is in semi-circular booths, partly separated by glass screens.
Starters include the likes of 'Mixed leaves with roast Squash, beans and peas'; 'Thinly-sliced Veal Brawn with Puglian Wild Onions' or 'Quail Risotto with Grana Padano'.
Mains include a lengthy list of pasta dishes plus temptations such as 'Roast Sea Bream with a Fennel and Anchovy Sauce'; 'Char-grilled Eel in a Herb Crust'; 'Roast Pigeon with Lentils and Garlic Purèe' or 'Medallions of Venison with ceps'.
Desserts maintain the high standard and include a tart of the day - perhaps 'Chocolate and Liquorice, with Chocolate Ice Cream' or an 'Amaretto Mousse on a Sponge Base with Espresso Sorbet'.
- Food Style: Italian
- Lunch: all week, 12.00-15.00 (Sat & Sun 15.30); a la carte, mains about £17 to £33
- Dinner: all week, 18.45-23.00 (Fri & Sat 23.30); a la carte, mains about £17 to £33
- Seats: 80
- Wine: An excellent Italian-based wine list, kicks off in the high £20's, and offers good value by London standards
- Children's portions: when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes (including lavatory)
- Nearest station: Marble Arch underground
- Directions: see the map on this page.
- Closed: Christmas, New Year and Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned