A spectacular Indian restaurant, with an over the top atmosphere, including a waterfall.
The food, however, has something for everyone. With all the curry house familiars backed up by an array of French-styled Indian dishes.
These include a good guinea fowl stir-fry, a 'Cassoulet de Fruits de Mer' (a seafood stew given a mild spice treatment); 'Xacuti de Galinha' (French Black Leg chicken with Roasted Coconut & Fiery Spices); 'Lobster Peri Peri' (whole lobster marinated in yoghurt, garlic, chili, garam masala - char grilled) and 'Pork Vindaloo' more reminiscent of Goa than your local take away.
However, if you succumb to all their temptations - such as fruit smoothies, you'll need deep pockets.
- Food Style: Indian
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.30 (Sun 15.30); mains £13; set L £23 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.30-23.30, Sun 18.00-22.30, set £39 (3 courses), mains about £15 to £35; set D £42 (3 courses)
- Seats: 300
- Wine: a list with firm mark ups kicks off in the early £20's
- Nearest station: Marble Arch Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Hyde Park Underground parking
- Closed: L Sat; check Christmas openings