An eponymous, smart, water-front restaurant, run by one of Scotland's top chefs. Local ingredients are used whenever possible, many of them organic.
After an amuse bouche, expect the likes of 'Crab and Avocado Salad' or excellent 'Gazpacho' (coming with the bonus of a green pepper mousse and a cheese straw), or the more complicated 'Sautéed Foie Gras and Langoustine tails' - this coming pomme croustillant, braised fennel and a jus of raisins and Sauterne - as starters.
Maybe 'Roast Ham with sautéed Veal Sweetbreads'; 'Monkfish Grenobloise with Pork Liver'; 'Poached Anjou Pigeon with Oysters, Puy Lentils and Savoy Cabbage' or a 'Fricassee of Guinea Fowl' to follow.
Desserts are impressive - maybe 'Armagnac parfait with Fudge Pears'; 'Passion Fruit, Apricot and Yoghurt Terrine' or 'Chocolate Soufflé with Pistachio Cream'. Cheese lovers won't be disappointed.
No mobile phones and smart dress preferred.
- Food Style: Modern French
- Lunch: Tues-Sat, 12.00-14.00; set L Tues-Fri from £28.50 (3 courses); Sat à la carte only
- Dinner: Tues-Sat, 18.45-21.30; set D £65 (3 courses), Tasting Menu £70 (6 courses)
- Seats: 50
- Wine: An excellent wine list kicks off at around the £27 mark and offers around 10 by the glass
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Edinburgh Waverley Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: 25th Dec, Sun, Mon & Sat L