A high-class Chinese restaurant with striking décor, including black lacquered walls, gold and silver inlaid murals and spotlights. The style is Cantonese, with seafood and dim sum among the specialities, the latter (served until 17.00) possibly the best in London.
Seafood favourites include Steamed Sea Bass with Black Bean Sauce and Seafood Hotpot (Lobster is prepared in six different ways); the menu takes some studying - meat favourites include Hot and Spicy Veal and Chicken with Bean Curd, and Stewed Belly Pork with Vegetables.
Vegetarians have a tremendous selection of perfectly-cooked offerings. Service is efficient and generally more smiling than often than seen in some lesser Chinese establishments.
Sunday, as mentioned, brings some of London's best dim sum (a Chinese tradition) but brings long queues - so beware, and area very early!
There are branches in Baker St (W1M 7AB), Queen's Grove (NW8 6ER), and West Ferry Circus (E14 8RR) - check these out on their web site.
- Food Style: Chinese
- Lunch: All week, 12.00 (Sun 23.00) 22.45 (Fri & Sat 23.15 (Sun 21.45); set L from £30; main courses from £8 to £50
- Dinner: All week; 12.00 (Sun 23.00) 22.45 (Fri & Sat 23.15 (Sun 21.45); Set D from £30 (for a minimum of two people); main courses from £8 to £50
- Seats: 100 (Baker Street 200)
- Wine: A short wine list starts at £18
- Wheelchair access: Yes (including lavatory)
- Nearest station: (For Queensway) - Queensway or Bayswater Underground Stations
- Directions: on the left hand side of Queensway, if approaching from Hyde Park. See the map at the top of this page.
- Parking: NCP or street parking
- Closed: Three days at Christmas
- Air conditioned