Find this splendid hotel/health and country club/restaurant, set in 53 acres on the edge of the New Forest. The stylish' conservatory' restaurant - with a tented ceiling, overlooks the well-kept gardens.
Chef, Luke Matthews, heads an experienced kitchen team, and offers a menu closely following the seasons.
Expect the likes of 'Cod cooked in Beer batter and served with a spicy Tomato and Sweet Pepper Compote'; 'Double-Baked Emmenthal Soufflé'; 'Lobster Avocado Tartar with a Lemon Caviar dressing' and 'Terrine of Foie Gras marinated in Walnut Wine among the starters.
Perhaps 'Venison Pot-au-Feu'; 'Sea Bass with Artichokes, wild mushrooms, pak choi, bacon and mash - in a white wine sauce'; 'Loin of Hampshire Lamb, Confit of Neck, Butternut Squash & Goats' Cheese, Aubergine Pickle & Saffron' and 'Beef tournedos with a Mushroom crust, Asparagus and Madeira jus' to follow. Desserts, such as 'Praline Crème Brulée with Pear Williams Sorbet' and 'Hot Chocolate & Raspberry Fondant,
with White Chocolate Ice Cream & Espresso Granita' are excellent as is the Cheese trolley. Service is slick and professional.
Jackets preferred, no denim.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: all week, Set L Mon-Sat from £19.50 (2 courses), Sun £37.50 (main courses £24.50-£32.50)
- Dinner: all week, Set D £65 (3 courses) to £115 (including wine, whole table only); mains £24.50-£32.50
- Seats: 120
- Wine: The enormous wine list is impressive, having over 500 bins, and kicking off at around the £20 mark
- Children's portions: Children's helpings when possible, but no children under 5
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: New Milton Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Yes
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating
- Rooms available