« back to restaurants search results
Tim Fai56 Keymer Road, Hassocks, West Sussex, BN6 8AR
A cross between a café and a cheap Chinese restaurant; with a bare wooden and oil-cloth table cloths. The Chinese section, in particular, rivals establishments costly more than double the price, and is actually worth the 3 mile detour from the A23 (via Hurstpierpoint).
The Chinese offerings are the real recommendation, these include the likes of 'Hot & Sour Soup' or 'Sesame Prawn Toast' as starters; 'Sweet & Sour Hong Kong-Style', 'Vegetable Curry' or a much-enjoyed 'Roast Duck Chinese-Style' among the mains. Café offerings are as expected - from tea and coffee to Full Breakfast.
All is very modestly-priced!
- Food Style: Cafes & Tea Rooms - The Best
- Lunch: Tues-Sat 10.00-14.00; Sun 12.00-14.00
- Dinner: Tues-Sun 6.30-22.00
- Seats: 30
- Wine: A few modest wines, at reasonable prices
- Children's portions: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Hassocks Rail
- Directions: Down the road to the east side of Hassocks Station on the right - see the map at the top of this page.
- Parking: Street parking, plus a public car park to the rear.
- Closed: All Mon, and a few days at Christmas