A smart, basement, Indian restaurant with pillars covered in gold leaf, crisp white napery, and the added interest of an open plan kitchen.
Starters offered might include the likes of 'Scallops and Tiger Prawns with a sour Grape and Mint dressing'; 'Salmon and Potato Cakes with Raspberry Coulis' or various offerings from the tandoor, such as 'Aloo Tikka' and 'Marinated Monkfish'.
Mains, possibly 'Peshawari-style Lamb Chops'; 'Sea Bass on crisp Spinach and a garlicky sauce' or more traditional dishes, such as 'Rogan Josh' and 'Murgh Makhni' (tandoori chicken with creamed tomatoes) - are there for the less adventurous. Game figures, when in season. Incidentals, such as various rice's and chutney's are of a very high standard.
Side dishes such as 'Broccoli marinated in Cinnamon, Green Chilis' and 'Sautéed Mushrooms and Spinach with Garlic and Cumin' don't disappoint.
Desserts are not forgotten - perhaps 'Fruit Kebab' or 'Tandoor-grilled Pineapple with Fennel and Star Anise and Rose Petal Ice Cream'
The set lunch is particularly good value.
Service is friendly and efficient.
- Food Style: Modern Indian
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.45; set L £21.50 (2 courses), £24.50 (3 courses), set L Sun £32; Tasting Menu £75; mains about £20 to £40
- Dinner: all week 17.30-23.00 (Sun 18.00-22.30), set D £33; mains about £20 to £40; Tasting Menu £75; Pre & Post Theatre Menu 17.30-18.45 then 22.00-22.45 £35 (3 courses)
- Seats: 84
- Wine: A long wine list, for an Indian restaurant, starts in the high £20s or drink Indian beer
- Children's portions: No children under 6 after 19.00
- Wheelchair access: No
- Nearest station: Green Park Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: 25-27th Dec, 1st Jan.
- Air conditioned