A stylish Mayfair eaterie, entered via a terraced garden. The lighting in the dining room gives a romantic sitting at night.
Tasting menus, of 7 small courses, are a speciality, but there are 2 and 3 course options for those wanting to choose for themselves.
An early summer snapshot brought starters such as 'Almond Gazpacho with smoked Paprika and Tomato sorbet'; 'Seared Duck Foir Gras with Prune & Tamarind Purée with Duck Vinaigrette'; 'Scottish Scallops with Sweet Onion and Apple' or 'Tomatoes baked in puff pastry with goats' cheese and pesto'.
For a main course, perhaps 'Poached Halibut with a sweet Pea Sabayon and Liquorice and Red Wine Sauce'; 'Pyrenean Milk Fed Lamb with Braised Chicory, Creamed Polenta & Orange Marmalade'; 'Limousin Veal with a Gratin of Bitter Praline and Salsify' or 'Roasted Perigord Duck Breast'.
Finish with 'Pannacotta or White Chocolate Mousse with Black Olive Toffee'; 'Tarte Tatin with Vanilla Ice Cream' or 'Pain d'epice, with an essence of Quince, Lemon and Liquorice'.
- Food Style: French
- Lunch: Mon-Fri, 12.00-14.30; Set L from £35 (2 courses), £40 (3 courses); mains about £35 to £50
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.30- 23.00; Set D from £85 (2 courses), £95 (3 courses); mains about £35 to £50; Tasting Menu £110 (6 courses)
- Seats: 60
- Wine: An excellent, and comprehensive, wine list (which would make good bedtime reading) kicks off in the high £20's - prices then rise steeply; but there's plenty of choice by the glass.
- Children's portions: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Green Park Underground
- Directions: Behind the Dorchester Hotel, just off Hill Street. See the map on this page.
- Parking: NCP or meters
- Closed: All Sun, Sat L, Bank Holidays, 25th & 26th Dec, 1st Jan
- Air conditioned