Find this excellent restaurant on the northern outskirts of Bristol, if you like the idea of Italian food, using top-quality ingredients, but produced with modern twists - this is well worth a special trip.
The business is very much an Sanchez-Iglesias family affair - with brothers Peter and Jonray heading the stoves.
Tasting menu's are the name of the game here - so don't snack before!
While the menu follows the seasons starters such as 'Beetroot Risotto with Pickled Fennel, Pistachios & Iced Yoghurt'; 'Pear & Walnut Salad with Parmesan & White Truffle Oil'; 'Local Wood Pigeon with Caramelised Almonds & Coffee' and 'Jersey Royal Potato Ravioli with Wild Mushrooms' give a good snapshot.
Perhaps to be followed by the likes of 'Homemade Tagliatelle with Wild Mushrooms, Parmesan & Truffle Oil'; 'Roast Breast of Chicken with a Confit of its own Wings'; 'Roast Suckling Pig with Jerusalem Artichokes, Ras el Hanout, Chocolate & Lentils' and 'Cornish Hake with Roasted Almonds, Smoked Pancetta, Purple Sprouting Broccoli & Parnips'.
Desserts also include some unusual combinations, with maybe 'Dark Chocolate Tart with Beetroot Ice Cream' and 'Pinenut Pannacotta with Lemon Sorbet & Apple' on offer. While the more savoury-toothed might be tempted by their selection of British & Italian farmhouse cheeses.
Parents Paco & Susan make sure all runs smoothly out front.
- Food Style: Italian
- Lunch: Tues-Sat 12.00-13.45; set L Tasting Menu £38 (3 courses) to £68 (11 courses)
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 19.00-21.00; Tasting Menu from £68 (Tues-Thurs) to £88 (Fri & Sat)
- Seats: 30, plus 8 outside
- Wine: a list with its roots in Italy, kicks off in the high £20's
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Clirton Down Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: all Sun 7 Mon, L Tues, 25th & 26th Dec, most Bank Holidays
- Outside eating