Having established its first class credentials on the city's northern outskirts, Casamia has taken the big step of relocating to the centre of Bristol. If you like the idea of Italian food, using top-quality ingredients, but produced with modern twists - this is well worth a special trip.
The business is very much an Sanchez-Iglesias family affair - with brothers Peter and Jonray heading the stoves.
Tasting menu's are the name of the game here - so don't snack before! To book, you have to first buy a ticket, which gives you your reservation – you can do this online.
While the menu follows the seasons starters such as 'Beetroot Risotto with Pickled Fennel, Pistachios & Iced Yoghurt'; 'Pear & Walnut Salad with Parmesan & White Truffle Oil'; 'Local Wood Pigeon with Caramelised Almonds & Coffee' and 'Jersey Royal Potato Ravioli with Wild Mushrooms' give a good snapshot.
Perhaps to be followed by the likes of 'Homemade Tagliatelle with Wild Mushrooms, Parmesan & Truffle Oil'; 'Roast Breast of Chicken with a Confit of its own Wings'; 'Roast Suckling Pig with Jerusalem Artichokes, Ras el Hanout, Chocolate & Lentils' and 'Cornish Hake with Roasted Almonds, Smoked Pancetta, Purple Sprouting Broccoli & Parnips'.
Desserts also include some unusual combinations, with maybe 'Dark Chocolate Tart with Beetroot Ice Cream' and 'Pinenut Pannacotta with Lemon Sorbet & Apple' on offer. While the more savoury-toothed might be tempted by their selection of British & Italian farmhouse cheeses.
Parents Paco & Susan make sure all runs smoothly out front.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Fri & Sat 12.15-13.30; set L Tasting Menu from £98 to £118
- Dinner: Weds-Sat 18.30-20.15; Tasting Menu Weds & Thurs £98, Fri & Sat £118
- Seats: 30, plus 8 outside
- Wine: a list with its roots in Italy, kicks off in the high £20's
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Clirton Down Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: L Sun-Fri, all Sun, Mon & Tues, 25th & 26th Dec, most Bank Holidays
- Outside eating