Find this excellent restaurant with rooms in a whitewashed 17th century house, right on the sea front, and overlooking Chichester Harbour. The comfortable dining room has well-spaced tables, crisp napery and cushioned chairs.
There's a good choice at each stage, and fish figures prominently - expect the likes of 'Scallop and Pork Belly with a warm Vanilla dressing', 'Cream of Asparagus Soup'; Quail Breasts Pan-Roasted & Confit Legs, with White Game Sausage, Warm Pickled Beetroots and Quail Stock Reduction' or 'Pan-fried Red Mullet with Pesto' to begin.
Maybe 'Brill, with Leek Velouté and a Crab and Lime Beignet'; 'Breast and Confit-Leg of Duck with a Caramelised Pear' or 'Anjou Pigeon Breasts with a Pigeon and Foie Gras Sausage' to follow.
Possibly 'Rhubarb Crumble' or 'Poached Peaches with a Cinnamon Sponge' or 'Iced Peanut Parfait coated in Crisp Chocolate with Butterscotch Doughnuts'- to finish.
If you plan ahead you can slide upstairs to one of their comfortable bedrooms after your meal.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Tues-Sat, 12.00-13.45; Set L £23.95 (2 courses), £28.95 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Tues-Sat, 18.45-21.45; Set D £57.95 (3 courses), Tasting Menu £70 (whole table only & before 21.00)
- Seats: 50, plus 10 outside
- Wine: A comprehensive wine list kicks off at around the £20 mark, and there are plenty of half bottles and 6 by the glass
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes (but not lavatory)
- Nearest station: Emsworth Rail
- Directions: Emsworth is on the A259, and clearly-signed from the M27/A27. Find the restaurant by the harbour. See the map on this page.
- Parking: Yes, but limited
- Closed: Sun & Mon, a few days at Christmas, school half-term (autumn), First two weeks of January
- Outside eating
- Rooms available