Sister restaurant to the excellent Zafferano. The comfortable dining room, with its crisp white napery, make this a popular lunchtime business venue, but it's also a romantic evening option. Great effort has been made to source the best Italian regional produce, and these are put to good effect by the kitchen, without spoiling them by over-complication.
Expect the likes of 'Fresh Spinach leaves with Goats' Cheese and a Balsamic Dressing' and 'Piedmontese Tomino Cheese with Speck and sautéed Trevisano among the antipasti; maybe 'Osso Buco with Sardinian Couscous' and 'Quail and Foie Gras Risotto' among the mains. Desserts include the classic 'Tiramisu', but there are more unusual listings (at least to British eyes) - maybe 'Sicilian Cannoli with Buffalo Ricotta and Pistachio Sauce', and they offer a good selection of Italian cheeses.
Service is both friendly and professional.
- Food Style: Italian
- Lunch: Mon-Fri, 12.00-14.30; set L from £29.50 (2 courses), £35 (3 courses); mains about £16 to £20; a cheaper bar menu is also offered
- Dinner: Mon-Sat, 19.00-22.30; set D from £35 (2 courses), £39 (3 courses), £46 (4 courses)
- Seats: 65, plus 4 outside
- Wine: a good Italian wine list kicks off at £25, for a very drinkable Sicilian, but is firm in its pricing throughout - there are about 10 varieties offered by the glass
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Green Park Underground
- Directions: just off Piccadilly. See the map at the top of this page.
- Closed: Sat L; all Sun; Bank Holidays; 2 weeks Christmas
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating