This restaurant, situated on the top floor of one of the Canary Wharf towers, is the sibling to Nobu in Mayfair. A visit here is a visual as well as culinary treat, as the picture windows allow views of the Thames and city beyond.
The food on offer is almost an American 'take' on a Japanese original. So expect to find the likes of 'Sahimi Salad with Matshihisa Dressing'; 'Chunky-Flaked Black Cod with sticky Sweet Miso' and 'Spicy Chicken or Salmon Skewers' among the starters.
Perhaps to be followed by 'Tomato Rock Shrimp Ceviche, Inaniwa Pasta Salad with Lobster'; or 'Beef Tenderloin Teriyaki'.
For dessert, maybe 'Chocolate Bento Box with Bitter Green Ice Cream'; 'Apricot and Jasmine Soup with Peanut Crumble and Nobu Beer Ice Cream' or 'Mango Soufflé with Passionfruit Sauce'.
Friendly staff are at hand to help the uninitiated.
- Food Style: Japanese
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-14.00; set L £45 to £50; mains £5.50 to £29.50
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.00-22.00; set D £70 to £90; mains £5.50 to £29.50
- Seats: 120
- Wine: The wine list is pricy, kicking off at £27 a bottle or £6 a glass; but their selection of sake is impressive
- Children's portions: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes (including lavatory)
- Nearest station: Canary Wharf or Westferry DLR
- Directions: Behind The Four Seasons Hotel
- Parking: There's a car park by the river
- Closed: Sat L, all Sun, some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned