Tucked away, just off Berkeley Square, the plush small dining area is almost hidden by discretion. Even then, entry might not always be easy, because of the complicated hand-palm entrance system.
Once inside, all is cool and calm - plus delicious food. Advice should always be followed, unless you're a real expert, but in our experience, the langoustine/lobster yuba roll or grilled pigeon with Japanese Mushrooms plus excellent sushi set the style.
Other delicious offerings include 'Wagyu Beef with Wasabi and Japanese Mustard' and 'Marinated Sea Bream with Pickled Vegetables'.
The kitchen even has water shipped over from Japan, so nothing has to simmered in the London tap variety.
Service is helpful, to those needing guidance. But, by some, verging on the oppressive.
- Food Style: Japanese
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 12.00-14.30; Set L from £25 (2 courses) to £100; mains about £28 to £95
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 18.00-23.00; Tasting Menu £145; mains about £28 to £95
- Seats: 55
- Wine: A French-centred wine list, also has an impressive selection of Sake. House wine start in the mid £30's
- Wheelchair access: Yes, also lavatory
- Nearest station: Bond Street or Green Park Underground
- Directions: Tucked away just off Berkeley Square. See the map on this page.
- Closed: All Sun, a few days over Christmas and Easter, all Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned