« back to restaurants search results
Peacock OxhillMain Street, Oxhill, Warwickshire, CV35 0QU
Although not styling itself as a gastro pub, The Peacock offers carefully-cooked pub-style dishes sourced from local ingredients when possible. Their traditional Sunday lunch is particularly popular, and its quality has been listed in National awards probably much to the chagrin of the locals.
Their workaday menu, listed on blackboards, has bistro influences with dishes such as 'Deep-Fried Brie in Beer Batter with a Cranberry Dip'; 'Mussels in White Wine with Garlic & Cream' and 'Pan-Fried Mushrooms with Brandy & Cream' often listed among the starters.
'Braised Lamb 'Henry' on Mash with Red Wine & Mint Gravy'; 'deep-Fried Cod in Beer Batter with Chips & Mushy Peas'; 'Balsamic Roast Salmon on Stir-Fried Vegetables with Oyster Sauce' and 'Mushroom Stroganoff with Rice' typifying the mains.
Traditional desserts might include 'Treacle Tart'; 'Sticky Toffee Pudding' and 'Lemon Curd Syllabub.
- Food Style: Best Pubs for Food
- Lunch: Tues-Thurs 12.00-15.00, Fri & Sat 12.00-23.00, Sun 12.00-22.30; set L Tues-Thurs £12.50 (2 courses); mains from £7.95
- Dinner: Tues-Thurs 17.30-23.00, Fri & Sat 12.00-23.00, Sun 12.00-22.30; mains from £7.95
- Wine: a concise list kicks off at £11.95
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Nearest station: Stratford upon Avon
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Closed: all Mon.