It's hard to choose an eaterie in China Town, as the choice is bemusing. Of the middle-priced options, this is worth serious consideration, with its effigies of dragons and staff in golden waistcoats. The cooking is Cantonese - with a few additions from Szechuan and the likes of Peking duck.
We recommend you aim at 'hotpots' first, on the extremely lengthy menu, or alternatively go near lunchtime, and try their dim sum, which are also good. If a 'braver' diner, ask for the 'Chinese' menu, which isn't automatically produced - on this you will find more 'genuine' dishes such as pigeon (and some unmentionable parts).
Either way, this is a far better bet than some of surrounding 'eat as much as you like' options.
- Food Style: Chinese
- Lunch: all week, Set L from £13.50 (but for a minimum of 2); to £23.50 (for a minimum of 5); Dim Sum 12.00-16.30 (about £4 to £5 each); mains about £10 to £25
- Dinner: all week 12.00-23.15 (Sun 12.00-22.45), Set D from £13.50 (but for a minimum of 2); to £23.50 (for a minimum of 5); mains about £10 to £25
- Seats: 200
- Wine: A basic wine list has modest mark-ups
- Wheelchair access: Yes (but not lavatory)
- Nearest station: Leicester Square or Piccadilly Underground
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Closed: 25th Dec
- Air conditioned