Find this bustling neighbourhood restaurant in the south of the city.
Chef Matt Locke builds his menus around seasonal products, many of them local, and his cooking standards are high, and lunches offer particularly good value.
Following an amuse bouche, expect the likes of 'Home-made Black Pudding infused with Apple & Pancetta, sautéed Spinach, Welsh Rarebit (sic) and Red Wine Sauce'; 'Salad of warm marinated Halloumi, Pomegranate, Little Gem, Watercress & Lemon Dressing' and 'Poached Seafood King Prawns, Green-Lipped Mussels & Baby Squid in their own sauce of Pea, Sweet Corn & Coriander' among the starters on offer.
Perhaps to be followed by 'Chargrilled Vegetable and Goats' Cheese Spring Roll with a Tomato & Avocado Salad'; 'Pressed braised Pork Belly with a Confit Pork & Vegetable Cassoulet, buttered Savoy Cabbage & Pork Jus'; 'Roast Goosnargh Chicken, Sweet Potato Purée and Vegetable Broth' and 'Roast fillet of Wild Sea Bass on buttered Spinach with Tomato, Courgettes & Aubergine Galette and a light Fish Sauce'.
If you still have room you might be tempted by 'Raspberry Ripple Cheesecake with Raspberry Coulis'; 'Hot Chocolate Fondant with Vanilla Ice Cream'; 'Toblerone Soufflé' or their selection of farmhouse cheeses.
Service is both friendly and efficient.
- Lunch: Tues-Fri 12.00-15.00; set L £9.95 (2 courses), £12.95 (3 courses); mains £13 to £17
- Dinner: Mon-Thurs 18.00-21.00, Fri & Sat 18.30-21.30; set D Mon 18.00-21.00, Tues-Thurs 18.00-19.15; £12.95 (2 courses), £15.95 (3 courses); mains £13 to £17
- Seats: 65
- Wine: a list that's full of interest and spasm the world, kicks off at £12.50
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Nearest station: Mossley Hill
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street parking
- Closed: Sun & most Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned