Find this charming Georgian restaurant with rooms about 3kms south of Yeovil. If staying, it makes a peaceful country retreat
Expect to find the likes of Twice Baked Cheese Soufflé; 'Grilled Cornish Mackerel with a Carrot and Orange Escabèche and Salsa Verde' or Pink-Roast Quail with a Mushroom Risotto among the starters.
Perhaps Fillet of Brill with bay Leeks and Wild Mushrooms; 'Saddle of Wild Rabbit with a Cep Risotto and Butternut Squash' or Roast Rump of local Lamb with seasonal vegetables among the mains. Fish is always prominent.
Desserts such as 'Calvados Pannacotta with Chocolate Ice Cream' and 'Banana Tarte Tatin with Star Anise Ice Cream' always receive praise.
No mobile phones. A stay in one of their comfortable bedrooms is thoroughly recommended, see our 'Places to Stay' section.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: Weds-Sun, 12.00-14.00; Set L Weds to Sat from £26 (2 courses) to £30
- Dinner: Tues-Sat D, 19.00-21.00 (21.30 Sat); Set D from £42 (2 courses), £48
- Seats: 44, plus about 10 outside
- Wine: An interesting wine list kicks off at around the £20 mark, and plenty of halves
- Children's portions: No children under 5, but older children's helpings when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes (but not lavatory)
- Nearest station: Barwick
- Directions: Just off the A371, at the Red House Roundabout. See the map on this page.
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: Sun D; all Mon & Tues L
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating
- Rooms available