An good café/brasserie, under the same management as Artisan and Catch and The Druid Inn in Birchover (q.v's).
The menu has grown in ambitions over the years - and although you can still have a snack, full 3 course meals are a popular option.
Starters such as 'Caesar Salad with Crispy Bacon & Soft-Boiled Egg'; 'Thyme Café Fishcake with Salad & Tartare Sauce' and 'Pea Risotto with Mint & Hazelnut Pesto & Feta Cheese' (also offered as a main course)set the style.
Perhaps to be followed by 'Roast Monkfish, Sauté of Chorizo, Tiger Prawns, Cerry Tomatoe, Roast Red Onion, Piquillo Peppers, White Beans & Wilted Rocket'; 'Ham Hock Glazed with Honey & Mustard, Sauté Potatoes, Black Pudding, Mushroom, Crispy Poached Egg & Pea Sauce' and 'Sweet Potato & Aubergine Curry with Fragrant Rice, Spring Onion Bhaji & Naan Bread' amongst the mains.
Puds, such as 'Créme Brulée' and 'Sticky Toffee Pudding with Rum & Raisin Ice Cream' are there to tempt those with a sweet tooth.
Away from main meal-times, you can just sit in the window with a cup of coffee, if you prefer, and watch the world go by.
- Food Style: Budget Restaurants - the best
- Lunch: Mon-Fri 11.00-15.00, Sat 11.00-22.00, Sun 12.00-20.00; mains around £10 to £20, plus coffee/tea etc during the afternoon
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 17.00-21.30, Sat 11.00-22.00, Sun 12.00-20.00; mains around £10 to £20
- Wine: some Bank Holidays
- Wheelchair access: Yes (but not lavatory)
- Nearest station: Sheffield Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page