Come here for that special occasion and to enjoy Shuan Rankin's impressive cooking.
Dine in their comfortable and airy modern dining room, with a bar attached - where you'll find some of the island's best food. Seafood being a particular speciality.
Expect the likes of 'Blanquette of Scallops and Langoustines with cucumber and ginger'; 'Cocktail of Jersey White Crab with Sweetcorn & Basil Vichicoise and Crab Jelly' or 'Foie Gras Parfait with toasted Brioche' among the starters.
Perhaps 'Braised Lobster tail with a Fennel Civieche, home-made Macaroni and a Crab Salad'; 'Roast Loin of Yorkshire Venison with Chocolate Tortellini, Medjool Dates & Ginger-Scented Quinoa'; 'Confit Belly Pork on wilted Spinach with Langoustines' or 'Fillet of Beef Rossini' listed among the mains.
Desserts maintain the high standard and are beautifully presented - 'Lemon Soufflé with Milk Chocolate Semi-Freddo'; 'Valrhona's Caralbe Chocolate Tart' and 'Glazed Pears, with Local Honey & Thyme, Honey Cake & Yoghurt Ice Cream' - being a good examples. Well-kept Farmhouse Cheeses being another option.
Along the way you'll be offered canapés, perhaps a shot of jelly with foam on top (a pre-dessert) and petits fours with your coffee. No mobile phones.
A lighter bar menu is also offered.
- Food Style: Modern European
- Lunch: all week 12.00-14.30; including a good-value set lunch - £22.50 (2 courses), £27.50 (3 courses); set L Sun £29.95 (3 courses)
- Dinner: all week18.30-22.00; set D £46 (2 courses) to £55
- Seats: 60
- Wine: A well chosen wine list, starts at around the £18 mark - but rises steeply there-after
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page.
- Parking: Yes, but enquire
- Closed: some Bank Holidays
- Air conditioned
- Rooms available