Find this late-Victorian manor on a private island off the west coast of Scotland.
The kitchen offers a menu - with only two choices at each stage - but generally with 6 courses. These might be 'Crab Risotto with Scallops and a Vanilla froth' or 'Wild Venison with Courgette Charlotte' to begin; followed by a soup; this perhaps followed by 'Aberdeen Angus Beef' (carved at the table), or 'Duck with Black Pudding and an Apple and Potato gateau'.
A savoury is then followed by excellent cheeses and desserts.
A pre-prandial walk along the beach is recommended to make room for all this. To dine, smart dress is necessary.
- Food Style: Scottish
- Lunch: Residents Only
- Dinner: all week; set D £47 (4 courses)
- Seats: 44
- Wine: A French-based wine list offers good value, kicking off at around the £16 mark
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes (including lavatory)
- Nearest station: Oban Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of the page - or from Glasgow, take the A82 to Tyndrum, then the A85 towards Oban. At the Connel Bridge take the A828 to Benderloch village for 4 miles
- Parking: Yes
- Closed: L each day (apart from residents), all Jan
- Air conditioned
- Rooms available