A good neighbourhood Italian, with bare boards and paper-clothed wooden tables. The dining room is on a split level, and most of the seats are of the church-style variety.
Although we describe this as a neighbourhood restaurant, it's still one of the best in the area, offering the likes of 'Crab Bruschetta with Almond Aïoli' or 'Risotto Milanese'; follow with 'Osso Bucco', traditional veal dishes and the like. Pasta lovers might be tempted by 'Penne with aged Balsamic'.
Perhaps finish with 'Chocolate Mousse Torte' or 'Pannacotta with Rhubarb and Mint'.
Service is professional and friendly. Lunch is particularly good value.
- Food Style: Italian
- Lunch: Tues-Sun 12.00-14.30, main courses from about £13 to £24; set L Sun £21 (2 courses) to £25
- Dinner: Tues-Sat 19.00-22.30; mains from about £13 to £24
- Seats: 55
- Wine: an all Italian wine list is reasonably priced, starting at about £17, with 8 glasses by the glass
- Children's portions: Yes. when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Twickenham Rail
- Directions: just on the Twickenham side of Richmond Bridge - see the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Sreet Parking
- Closed: all Mon; D Sun; a few days at Christmas, please enquire
- Air conditioned