A bistro-style restaurant on two floors. Its generally very busy, and the tables are close, so a place for good food and fun, rather than a quiet business meeting. Fish features strongly.
Starters on offer could include Half a dozen Irish Oysters; 'Potted Shrimps' or Crayfish Cocktail.
With maybe Skate Wing with Black Butter and Capers; 'Lamb Chump on Rosemary Bean Ragout with Broccoli' or Fillet Steak with Shallot Gravy and Chunky Chips among the mains.
Simple (but none-the-less-good) desserts such as warm Walnut Tart with Vanilla Ice Cream; 'Bread and Butter Pudding with Whisky and Double Cream' or their popular 'Chocolate Nemesis' finish the meal.
Booking advisable. No mobile phones.
- Food Style: Modern British
- Lunch: all week, 12.00-14.00 (14.30 Sat & Sun); set L from £12.50 (2 courses) to £16.50; mains about £11 to £16; a light lunch menu is available Mon-Sat
- Dinner: all week 18.30-22.00; set D from £13.25 (2 courses) to £16.50; mains about £11-£16
- Seats: 1 week in Oct; 2 weeks Jan
- Wine: A good wine list has modest mark-ups
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, including lavatory
- Nearest station: Saxmundham Rail
- Directions: Town Centre. See the map on this page.
- Closed: 1 week in Oct; 2 weeks Jan
- Air conditioned
- Outside eating