« back to restaurants search results
Akbars Balti Bradford1276 Leeds Road, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD3 3LF
Akbar's specialises in sizzling pan-cooked baltis from Baltistan, an extremely mountainous region of Northern Pakistan. It's trendy atmosphere, and the popularity of its food, make it one of the most popular and best restaurants, from the Indian Sub Continent, in the area.
Apart from a long selection of baltis (with plenty of vegetarian options) all the 'standard' dishes - such as Seekh Kebabs, Masalas and Rogan Josh are offered. The chef also produces a traditional 'Handi' each day. Efficient and friendly service.
The prices are very reasonable for what's on offer.
- Food Style: Pakistani
- Dinner: each day until midnight; mains from about £8 to £11
- Wine: a short but adequate wine list, with modest mark-ups, is supported by good 'curry' beer
- Children's portions: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Bradford
- Directions: on the A647, 5km from the city centre. See the map on page.
- Closed: every day L, some Bank Holidays and religious days
- Air conditioned