« back to restaurants search results
Sunny Restaurant60 Queen's Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 3XD
A family-run restaurant - very handy for Brighton Station - claiming to be the first (and indeed only) one to specialise in the cooking of the Cansinese region (often known as Guangxi in the West) of Southern China. Don't be put off by the rather basic appearance, if just wanting a good - reasonably-priced meal.
A sampler menu offers excellent value, particularly if you're a student, which qualifies you to a 10% reduction. This gives you scaled-down dishes from the main carte.
Particularly recommended à la carte dishes are 'Salt and Pepper Prawns'; 'Guilin Rice Noodle Soup'; 'Thai Tom Yum Seafood Soup' and 'Crisp Lamb'.
Follow with 'Crispy Shredded Beef with Chili'; 'Three Cup Chicken'; 'Spicy Aubergine with Tofu and Pak Choi' or 'Crispy Pork Feet' if you're feeling adventurous.
The long menu has plenty of vegetarian options; and all dishes are cooked to order.
A take away service operates for orders of over
- Food Style: Chinese
- Lunch: all week; 12.00-late; set menu Mon-Thurs £12.99; Fri-Sun £14.99; mains from aboutb £5
- Dinner: all week; 12.00-late; set menu Mon-Thurs £12.99; Fri-Sun £14.99; mains from about £5
- Wine: a short wine list kicks has modest mark-ups; bottled beer is a stronger suit
- Children's portions: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Brighton Rail
- Directions: a few yards from the main exit of Brihton Station, on the right looking at the sea. See the map at the top of this page.
- Closed: every day L; some Bank Hoidays