Approach this excellent, but unpretentious, seafood restaurant, on the bank of the River Brit.
Expect a dining room (on two levels), with a modern feel, but with wooden floors and scrubbed tables.
Although the menu concentrates on fish, there are two meat and vegetarian options at each service. On the fish front typical starters might be 'Seared Scallops with Pea Purée'; 'Garlic Prawns' or 'Deep-fried Calamari with Lemon'; mains maybe 'Line-caught Plaice Fillets with Lemon & Butter'; 'Roast Turbot with Lobster Sauce' or 'Wild Sea Bass with Ginger and Chili'.
Desserts haven't been forgotten with the likes of 'Poached Damsons with Lemon Custard' and 'Sweet Jelly with Lemon-glazed Pears and Biscotti' all beautifully presented.
- Food Style: Seafood
- Lunch: Tues-Sun and Bank Holiday weekends 12.00-14.15; set L £17 (1 course), £23 (2 courses), £29 (3 courses) – plus less ambitious Bar Menu (including sandwiches)
- Dinner: Tues-Sun and Bank Holiday weekends (shorter opening during the winter); mains about £17 to £33
- Seats: 70, plus 30 outside
- Wine: because of its seafood base, the wine list concentrates on whites and has modest mark-ups. There's a good selection and plenty by the glass.
- Children's portions: Yes, whenever possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes (including Ladies Lavatory
- Directions: See the map on this page - or from the A35 Bridport ring road, take the sign to West Bay at the Crown roundabout.
- Parking: Public Car Park
- Closed: 1st Dec to 12th Feb. In bad weather, check ahead between Oct-Nov, and Feb-March
- Outside eating