Find this popular restaurant, the original in the small The Gingerman Group, in a side street, just off the seafront.
Expect the likes of 'Truffle Ravioli with aged Pecorino'; 'Roast Beef on Dripping Toast and Horseradish'; 'Ham Hock Rillette with Braised Leeks & Sour Dough Toast' and 'Salad of Rope-grown Mussels and Beetroot with fried Parsley' among the starters.
Perhaps ' Boyton Farm Tamworth Pig with Champ, Perry and Sage'; Loin of Venison with Venison Sausage, Carrot Purée and Red Wine' and 'Roasted Monkfish with Potatoes cooked in Chili, Tomato and Mustard Seeds, with Caraway Jus' to follow.
Maybe finish with 'Fig Tart Tatin with Red Wine and Cinnamon'; 'Hot Banana Soufflé with Toffee Ice Cream'; 'Steamed Rhubarb Sponge Pudding and Custard' or excellent British and Irish cheeses.
Booking essential, particularly during the evening.
- Food Style: Modern European
- Lunch: Tues-Sun 12.30-13.45; set L from £10.00 (1 course), £15.00 (2 courses), £18.00 (3 courses); set L Sun £15.50 (1 course), £20 (2 courses), £23.50 (3 courses)
- Dinner: Tues-Sun, 19.00-21.45; set meal from £32 (2 courses) to £37 (3 courses)
- Seats: 32
- Wine: a good wine list kicks off at about £16, and offers a wide choice by the glass
- Children's portions: Yes
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Brighton Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street Parking
- Closed: all Mon; 2 weeks at Christmas
- Air conditioned