On a corner site, with views of the sea, in an historic house that was converted into a restaurant during the 1930's. It's now an upmarket fish & chip shop/restaurant, although it has greater ambitions. Over 90% of the fish on offer is caught locally.
They offer starters, such as ' ½ dozen Oysters; 'Grilled Sardines' and 'Deep-Fried Calamari'.
Mains include all the expected fish & chip items, Cod costing
- Food Style: Fish and Chip Shops - The Best
- Lunch: all week; mains about £5.25 to £14
- Dinner: all week; mains about £5.25 to £14
- Wine: a short adequate wine list
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Brighton
- Directions: on the seafront, just west of the destroyed West Pier - see the map at the top of the page
- Parking: Street Parking, Norfolk Square or Churchill Square Car Parks
- Closed: a few days at Christmas
- Outside eating
- Rooms available