This restaurant, named after the original name of Buenos Aires, is for real meat eaters - although there are a few token offers for vegetarians, but to be surrounded by so much meat would upset most animal lovers of this ilk.
In Argentina it would be labelled as a 'parrilla' - the Argentinian term for the charcoal grill, suspended from the ceiling, and used for the majority of main courses.
Expect the likes of 'Lengua a la Vinagreta' (Sliced, Marinated Ox Tongue); 'Jamón con Palmitos y Salsa Golf' (Serrano Ham with Palm Hearts & Mayonnaise' and 'Empanadas' (Beef, Chicken, Spinach & Cheese Pasties' among the starters.
Various Argentinian Steaks, Sausages & Mixed Grills among the mains. Chimichurri sauce made from a base of olive oil, garlic & parsley) and chips are the traditional accompaniments.
- Food Style: South American
- Lunch: Fri 12.00-15.00, Sat & Sun 12.00-15.00; mains from about £9-£26
- Dinner: Mon-Fri 18.00-22.30; Sat & Sun 12.00-22.30; mains from about £9-£26
- Wine: An all Argentinian list is offered - mark ups are modest, prices starting at around £15
- Nearest station: London Fields or Cambridge Heath Rail
- Directions: See the map at the top of this page
- Closed: all Mon; L Tues-Thurs; some Bank Holidays