Part of a small chain of upmarket cafés. This one is situated in an enormous upstairs room, that used to be the city post office. Close to the Cathedral and central shops, but without the crowds. There's a huge sofa room for you to relax in with your coffee, tea or home-made lemonade.
Breakfast starts at 7.00, offering all the options you're likely to want, plus Poached Egg Bagels and Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon.
The rest of the day brings huge sandwiches and various panini, plus daily specials, such as Spanish Chicken. There are home-made cakes for tea, plus excellent coffee, tea and home-made lemonade.
- Food Style: Cafes & Tea Rooms - The Best
- Lunch: all day Mon-Sat 7.00-18.00; Sun 8.00-18.00. Breakfast £7.75, mains about £8 to £11
- Dinner: all day Mon-Sat 7.00-18.00; Sun 8.00-18.00
- Wine: a short, but adequate, wine list
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Exeter Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Closed: 25th & 26th Dec.