Part of a small chain of upmarket cafés. This one is set in a beautiful Georgian building, and its picture windows make for great people watching. There's a sofa area, and an elegant garden for summer use for you to relax in with your coffee, tea or home-made lemonade.
Breakfast starts at 8.00, offering all the options you're likely to want, plus Poached Egg Bagels and Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon.
The rest of the day brings huge sandwiches and various panini, plus daily specials, such as Spanish Chicken. There are home-made cakes for tea, plus excellent coffee, tea and home-made lemonade.
Everything's also available for take-away picnics.
- Food Style: Cafes & Tea Rooms - The Best
- Lunch: Mon-Sat 8.00-18.00; Sun 9.00-17.00; mains about £8 to £11
- Dinner: Mon-Sat 8.00-18.00; Sun 9.00-17.00
- Wine: an simple, but adequate wine list
- Children's portions: Yes, when possible
- Wheelchair access: Yes, but not lavatory
- Nearest station: Honiton Rail
- Directions: See the map on this page
- Parking: Street Parking
- Closed: 25th & 26th Dec; and some Bank Holidays
- Outside eating